Saturday, September 23, 2006

Had my fixes for the wk (",)

Ha, I din noe tat I'd a couple of "cravings" tat reqd fixing lately ... now tat I start to count them, my, I surprise myself ;p ... here goes the list for tis wk:

Prata fix
Ate at Upper Thomson "Prata House" tonight ... it was more of a part two of dinner, I din hv proper meals today after a late fri nite out ... a deserving culinary end for a sat eh =)

Fishhead curry fix
On the spur of a moment, we tried to taste the crab at AMK Ave 1 MellBen, but alas, the queue will require an hr wait ... and since I dun hv a big group to feast with, well, another nite then ... instead, we chance upon the neighbouring coffeeshop ... and I helped myself to the Assam Fishhead curry ... Nice =) ... and some pork ribs as well ... end result ==> two satisfied "animal lovers" hehe ...

Music CD fix
Ever heard of this online Christian Music site? ... it's aptly called Christian Music House... Very Good service, Kum pui (the boss) delivers even before he receives payment from you ... bought myself 4 new christian music cds ... it was delivered to my home two days after i placed the order ... efficient ... 5 stars to Kum Pui!!

Crab fix?
hmm ... when will I get my crab fix?? ... MellBen, where art thou? =p

The Magic of Chongqing Hotpot
this quaint shop at Tanglin Shopping Centre boast of authentic Chong Qing Hot Pot, where your taste buds will be fired up by the fiery soup, or by the other tasty soup and sauces that caresses your taste buds and do credit to the savory dishes ... the manager of the store is very polite and sports a fatherly figure ... Rt, Dee & myself were the last customers (we came in real late due to dee and rt having to work late on fri) ... there was no pressure to quickly finish up and leave, the "auntie" waitresses were friendly & helpful too ... Kudos to their services!! Here's a foodie link: Magic of Chongqing Hotpot

Exercise Fix
Went running twice this wk (finally!) ... it's gd to be pushing myself on the roads again after a 1-2wk break ... gotta keep fit, so tat can enjoy the above food!? haha ...

It's been a productive wk ... Thank God for favour at work and in planning for oversea trip, I see doors being opened and progress in various issues ... I'd a surprise letter from management, oh, finally they decided to promote my appt!? ... well, although no pay increment (that was done a couple of mths back =p), it answers one of my curious thots of my role and responsibility not matching my appointment ... haha, the desire for recognition in me? I guess so ... Thank God for His blessings ... then again, promotion = greater responsibilities and roles, tatz good rite? =)

And that concludes my fixes for the week ... I'm learning to be thankful and patient in all areas of my life ... There's no pt in rushing God's plans, or be anxious and worried about issues in which I can't influence (ain't it so that our human nature desires to control our future?) ... so, surprise me in the days ahead, and make me more like Jesus, such that I will be a fragrant offering unto God, and a blessing to everyone on earth! =)

Amen to all the good things God is doing in me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home