thots...
The wk seems to pass in a flash ... sometimes, i do wish certain moments will last ... but hey, we've to move forward dun we? ... can't stay in 1 spot in time n rot there right? ... there'll alwis be something refreshingly new as we journey forward! :)
Work Work Work, tis wk is bz, preparing slides, planning for overseas work in Nov, meetings etc. O.T. a couple of nights (but no O.T. pay ... cos we're professionals. I wonder who came up with tat rule) ... Farnie, this yr's planning for overseas work is filled up hiccups and challenges. Juz hav to dig in and pray and try our best lah ... Somehow, it alwis turn out ok in the end :)
It's been a while since I went to a BBQ. Thank God for the brief break from rain during the barbecue. It was pretty interesting helping out in the preparation for food, how we started with a nice ez meal at sakae sushi ... grocery shopping at ntuc (two trolleys full), season/prep food in church kitchen, rush out to hunt for satay & bee hoon ... all in the nick of time ...
It was pretty interesting being around the Raffles City Suntec Area, cos it's IMF/Worldbank period in Singapore. You feel extra safe and secure with the presence of police, special forces, scanners everywhere. I was "scanned" twice that fri nite haha, the police was polite ya =) ... fri nite was nice as well ...
I was pondering on this word called "commitment" ... couple of definitions:
a. the trait of sincere and steadfast fixity of purpose
b. the act of binding yourself (intellectually or emotionally) to a course of action
... hmm, does it sound scary and challenging to you? ... I realise, like it or not, we're actually committed to several things...
i. For Christians, we're committed to God ...
ii. As a son/daughter, we're committed to our family
iii. Husband/Wife, committed to one another ... and little ones
iv. Committed to friendship/relationship ...
v. Committed to a cause ... a belief ...
vi. Committed to work ... a job.
etc. etc.
Some commitments are by choice, some are not ... some we want to get out of, some we're afraid to step into ... why the fear I wonder? ... why the joy, I wonder too? ... haha, questions questions, ever inquisitive Marucuz ...
To me, I'll never be able to tell the future, it's here and now that I'll take a chance in life, that I'll make my commitment to what I believe is true, what I want to put my life and heart into ... and walk thro' tis life, keeping the commitment in my heart, believing that God will always be with me, guiding me thro', leading me, teaching me... I want to be a man who lives with passion ... I'm human too, I've fears too. But I remember this too, I've a God who loves me and who is faithful to lead me on, who'll help me with my fears... Hence, I choose... to commit, to honour.
okie, enough heavy stuff... now, for something light =p ... I'm going for a music audition (keyboards) in two weeks time, oops, yet to prepare for the four songs (If I ain't got you, by Alicia Keys... Going Nowhere, by Garbrielle... Kiss me, by Six pence none the richer & Hooked on a feeling by Vonda Shepard) ... the group is called "Soul2Soul" under the Singapore Campus Crusade Forerunner Ministry. This is something that I've wanted to try ... so, while I'm still "young", venture forth, and see what happens ... first, gotta pass the audition first =p


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home