my thots ovr tis couple of wks
Wow, time flies amidst the many activities, havn't written anythin for a couple of wks ... here's some stories, insights n unique experiences =)
I went to a Gay Club!! ... by accident of cos, not purplely wan u noe ;) ... went w/ rt to support a fren who's playin keyboards for the 1st time for a 'demanding' singer in a club ... singer is Asha who juz came out of a 8 mth break from the music scene ... it was pretty entertainin, seeing several celebrities who came to support Asha ... Asha is a nice person too. But it sure is creepy seeing the "couples" holdin one another ... eeks!! ... at least no one picked me up haha *phew* ... club is called "Happy Club" at Tanjong Pagar Rd.
somebody gav me a new nick name ... "xiong ge" ... all becos i looked kinda like a ... cute panda? ... Alamak! ... a new twist to my list of names ... time to learn how to "growl" ...
I thot i'd hav a rather quiet wkend last wk ... in the end, it was filled with activities, connecting wif people and gettin some fresh air at ecp :) ... conversely, i'd less sleep, but hey, Joy keeps me goin ;p ... <Fri nite>, actually had "instant cooked food" in office cos stayed back late, but hey, I'd company (eating tog -> instant white chicken rice). And surprise, I managed to catch the movie "click" and cheered up rt as well :) ... i wonder wat I'll do if I've a Universal Remote that can do wonders? haha ... I'l make the world a better place!? Not! ... shan't replace God's role eh, me no genie in a bottle (can't squeeze in too) ... Slpt late, and woke up early <Sat>, to head on down to ECP w/ frenz from "Matt 2237" ... it's been raining for days and tat Sat mornin was sunny!! ... East coast was not crowded too, had a gd 1 1/2 hr bladin... almost cramped my calf in the end ... old liao :( ... Tried to get to comex wif rt and dee, in the end gav up and went changi village to din instead ... Whoa, that place has changed so much, so "hip" and crowded nowadays ... Caught another mid nite show tat sat "Monster House" wif bro and frenz, rather cheap tix cos used a combi of Cards to get discounts (SAFRA and HSBC Credit Card => per tix is $7!) ... <Sunday> attended Ben's dad funeral wake after svc and helpd pastor w/ worship at the evening SAC service.. Ate din alone on sunday nite, home alone too, kinda "sad"? ya, mebbe ... anyway, it was gd to be able to finally rest ... for a new wk of work and blessings ...
Surprise, another wk of nightly activities ... cell grp, Happy Club, dinner, office dinner + ktv + chat til late, cell grp + shoppin ... and it's sunday again ... so here I am typing on sun nite, cos I finally cld take a nap in the afternoon and do some of my admin (it's piling up) ... It sure is impt to rest, and be visible to my mum, cos she noticed i've been out everyday :p ... finally went for a run, lost steam towards the end, cos i took the longer route to run, time to build up stamina again ... gotta keep fit, so as to live well eh ...
Mid autumn festival is comin soon ... I'm beginnin to see moon cakes ... appearing in the home, tempting ... gotta stop my mum from snacking too much, she's diabetic ...
What I've learnt from God tis wk? ... Trials and problems, it's a reminder of how God uses these moments to mould us ... get our attention ... it's so easy to lose focus on God when your life is comfortable or when you're able to manage on your own (or you think you can) ... human we're, we've to develop our spiritual character ... why do we feel weak sometimes? Cos the good passions in us are weak, as compared to the bad passions in us. We've to develop the good passions, such that the good overwhelms the bad ... I'm sure God is willing to work in us, if we'll seek Him and go thro' the trials together, to find God and experience Him!
Finally, I'm going for a band audition, for a new Forerunner Band called Soul2Soul ... gotta prepare for the 4 songs ... it'll be fun ;)
What lies ahead? ... I'm beginnin to experience walking life in Joy ... that no matter what happens, whether I experience lousy moments, trying times, or blessed moments, God never change ... He's always there for me ... Prayer Works, I testify to that! Many do ... so, hang in there in this journey thro' life, walk in Joy and Hope ... no hope = no joy = no life ...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home