Saturday, December 16, 2006

Well Radiated & Compressed

Finally did the IVU couple of days ago ... kinda screwed up in the preparations (cos I was not informed of the preparation procedures by the clinic that booked the appt for me at the specialist clinic :(..) ... the last i did this was more than 10 yrs back. According to the doc at the clinic, technique is relatively unchanged ...

Prep procedures:
1. TOTAL Fast from the night before till morning (includes NO water ... so that the kidneys will absorb the fluid quickly when they insert the needle and BIG syringe of fluid in my veins)
2. Empty bowels totally in the morning
3. I was well compressed by a wrap like device that basically is trying to squeeze my kidneys into position for a good "Picture" aka X-Ray.

Despite the lack in prep, the doc assessed that I can go ahead with the IVU ... I was definitely well - radiated ... i lost count the number of times that I was X-Rayed (wonder if my next generation is affected ... hmm...) ...

The only discomfort is perhaps the needle that was stuck in me for a pretty long time (so that kidneys can absorb the contrast agent sufficiently) ... and being compressed for a similarly long period of time ...

boi was I glad that to finally eat my brunch after the 2 hr appt ... no mood for work the rest of the day though ...

*fast forward* to saturday ...
- This is a quiet wkend ... stayed home fri (alone most of the time, my mum dad n bro is more happening than me for once, all came back ard midnite)
- Another day at home on sat ...

Qn: did I accomplish much during this period of "rest" ... well ... did something though I could have been more fruitful ...

Yr coming to an end ... 2007 is looming ... i think, it'll be pretty interesting days ahead for me ... something new is brewing ... Hallelujah :) ... akan datang eh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home